Integrated Pest Management
People commonly feel hesistant to share their gardens’ bounty with the animal ihabitants of the garden. But you do not need to worry if you have insects feasting on your plants. This workshop will explore the concept of an integrated, holistic approach to pest management, which recognizes garden wildlife as a natural indication of a healthy garden. We will examine the concept and identification of pests, practical prevention strategies and long-term control via ecosystem balance.
This workshop will cover:
- Permaculture perspective on pest control
- Differentiating the animal vs. pest
- The companion planting approach
- Nurturing a vibrant garden ecosystem
- Prevention strategy through soil and plant care